Registration Is Now Open!
Join hundreds of fellow legal professionals for the IWIL 2022 Conference: Redesigning The Legal Profession for a Better Future, happening January 19–21, 2022. Our first virtual annual conference will be an education and innovation event focused on redesigning the legal profession to support individual, organizational, and institutional thriving.
Education tracks will include:
Track 1: Individual Well-Being
Track 2: Workplace Well-Being
Track 3: Law School Well-Being
Track 4: Leading Law Firm Well-Being Click here to view the schedule.
Sponsorship and Exhibiting Opportunities Available
Mid-Atlantic Women’s Legal Professionals Retreat
March 3, 2022 – March 6, 2022
SAVE THE DATE (Registration Opening Soon)
Women’s Legal Professionals Retreat
Sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Lawyers Assistance Programs
- Thursday, March 3 – Sunday, March 6, 2022
- Crown Plaza Resort Asheville
- Asheville, North Carolina
Join other women lawyers and legal professionals for a weekend of wellness. Open to all women in the legal profession to:
- Provide an open opportunity for fellowship with colleagues;
- Promote personal rejuvenation;
- Support empowerment, including prioritizing your needs;
- Stimulate empathy;
- Develop and enhance self-care; and
- Process life during COVID social distancing and reintegration processes.
Programming will include CLE presentations (credits pending).
For additional information, contact Barbara Mardigian ([email protected]; 703.206.8027).
Instructions when making your room reservations at the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville:
- A block of rooms has been reserved at a “LAP Women Lawyers Retreat” special group rate. To get this rate, reservations must be made before February 3, 2022.
- To make reservations:
- On-line: Link to the Crowne Plaza Resort page; enter your dates of stay; enter the group code “LAP.”Direct link.
- Toll-Free: Call the Crowne Plaza Resort’s toll-free number 1-844-330-0296 (24/7) and mention the group name.
- In-House: Call the Crowne Plaza Resort’s local number during business hours 828-285-2603 and mention the group name.
- Crowne Plaza Contact Person: Michelle Porche (828‑285‑2603)
WVU College of Law Student Peer Coaching Sessions
To All WVU College of Law Students:
The West Virginia Judicial & Lawyer Assistance Program (WVJLAP) is a free & confidential service for Law Students who may be struggling with issues such as stress, grief, trauma, anxiety, burnout, work/life balance, depression, substance abuse, suicidal ideation, codependency, compulsive behavior, or any other mental/physical/ emotional health disorders. WVJLAP Staff is available to provide peer recovery coaching and consultation for those who may be struggling with these or any other issues.
WVJLAP is offering weekly confidential zoom office hours to all law students for peer coaching and assessment. Click the link below to schedule an office visit!
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wednesdays, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Meetings held on the WVJLAP Confidential Zoom Room
*If you require immediate attention, please call our office for assistance at (304) 553-7232 to speak with a WVJLAP staff member.
CONFIDENTIALITY: In order to assure a high degree of trust and confidence, Confidentiality is afforded by Rules of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and WVJLAP operates independently of the Court, the State Bar and Office of Disciplinary Counsel. Information received concerning anyone seeking help or to whom assistance is offered is and remains confidential absent their Express Consent.